Monday, December 12, 2011

Dinner at Pepper Lunch SM Megamall

The store.
Pepper Lunch is a "fast-steak" or let's say "do it yourself" restaurant concept  that originated in Japan since 1994.  It was created by a Japanese chef and inventor, Mr. Kunio Ichinose, who always wanted to serve quality, fast food without the need to train a chef for years.


Pepper Lunch's branch on the ground level of SM Megamall Bldg. A is their 6th store in the Philippines that was inaugurated last August.  You can find it in between BonChon and Yoshinoya and very near to the newly opened SM Supermarket.  It was designed by Takatoshi Kimachi of Goldeneye Creative with Japanese concept of a black ceiling and Scandinavian wooden floors.


Their branches are now adapting Singaporean motifs of dark earthly colors, which in my opinion, blended on their dark ceilings which make it look so elegant and modern.


Upon entering the restaurant, I've noticed that the cashier is located at the entrance, which according to some friend, is a Japanese Restaurant's trademark. :).  The place is clean and pleasant to my eyes, with a very accommodating staffs that will assist and greet you every now and then plus, all of them are wearing uniform, sign of oneness and professionalism. :)


Pepper lunch was first introduced in the Philippines way back May 16, 2008 at the Power Plant mall (their very first store).  Now, they have several branches aside from SM Megamall located in Shangri-la Plaza, Alabang Town Center, Greenbelt 5, Robinsons Ermita and SM MOA.  They will also opening a fast food type branch at the 2nd/F of Trinoma that will serve similar meals but in smaller than usual portion and cheaper than in the restaurant  in February 2012.


The foods.
According to them their best seller is and always been the Beef Pepper Rice, since I'm not eating beef, I've ordered and tried their other menu, #19 Teriyaki Pepper Chicken.  I love scrambled egg so they made it for me. :)

Teriyaki Pepper Chicken cost P325.00
For more order options, here's their menu:


Hamburger and Chicken @ P315.00
By the way, one unique feature of Pepper Lunch is that diners get to cook their own food over a patented electromagnetic plate that is heated up to 260 degrees Celsius within a minute.  But in my case, I let them cooked for me coz I'm just a first timer.  Here's how they do it.


You may also experiment or make your own menu and put some add-on at some extra cost.  Like, you can try Beef Pepper Rice with Salmon, with extra egg or less egg.  Or a Hamburger and Chicken with extra beef and egg. Just be creative. :)

I've tasted other sizzling foods, but for me, this one tastes very good.  Aside from the tender and juicy meat, I love their Japanese rice.  If you just look onto it, you'll say that its not enough for your consumption.  But once you're indulge, you'll end in full stomach.

Oh, wait, I'm not done yet, here's the dessert, Pepper Lunch Ice Creams.   Their own creation and very proud of, Choco Crumble, Peach and Loops, and Rainbow Surprise.


Hey, many would be mistaken at first look that Pepper Lunch might only be serving lunch for food, but they're not.  They serve foods at any time of the day, breakfast, lunch or dinner as long as the store is open, of course. :)

You may follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and on their website, Pepper Lunch.

Oh before I forgot, they have this gimmick called "Secret Santa", where in you have to drop any amount and they will double it to buy gifts for the children of Project: Brave Kids.


Special thanks to Openrice.com for inviting me here through Khaezel Espiritu.  Sa uulitin! :)



To get email updates, please subscribe here .
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter .
Also follow me on Instagram and +1 me on Google +
If you got questions contact me here .


Reactions:

1 comments:

Wena said...

Dining at Pepper Lunch (Rockwell Branch) is memorable to me. Dun kami kumain nina Earth nung pumasa kami sa weigh off ng Nestle Fitness contest. :)

sarap ng food no? yayain ko dyan si Rommel pag-uwi nya :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content, including photos and text formats on iMac's Cafe unless otherwise stated are subject but not limited to Philippine copyright law. Should you wish to reproduce/ use any part of this blog, authorized approval is required. All Rights Reserved.